Tuesday, September 14, 2010

My Hair Journey in China...


I haven't posted in quite a while, but I'm back and I will try to post once a week!

Everyone has asked about my hair and China, so here it goes. Once I settled into my new apartment, I realized that I needed to get back to co-washing my hair every two days and shampooing twice a week because of the heat in Nanchang. We've had humid high 90 (almost 100) degree weather since I've been here. With all the running around we've been doing (residency permits, photos, getting to know you dinners, etc.) my hair was tired, dry, and flaky. Once I started my regimen again, my hair started to look like its normal happy "self". I haven't been putting too much gel in my hair, partly because I don't want to waste it. China is a wonderful country but you won't find any black haircare products. If you did find something, you wouldn't know what's in it, unless you can read Chinese characters (which I can't). I brought enough of everything, but I just want to make sure that I'm not using too much of one thing, before I can have more items shipped from the States.

No one has said anything negative or positive about my hair. A lot of the women that I've seen so far have all different types of hairstyles( I'll take pictures to show everyone). I'm learning to "listen to what my hair wants". If it's itchy is time for a "poo", if it's dry time for a deep conditioning treatment, etc. All-in-all, I think I'll be fine as long as I have good products and a good regimen to see myself through.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds exciting as well as interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been extremely interesting! I can't wait to see what happens next.

    ReplyDelete