Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I'm back, again!

I know, I know...I promised to update once a week and then 4 months later a finally post! It's been a bit crazy on my end with teaching, studying Chinese, and surviving daily life in Nanchang. Some days, I feel as if I'm in the Twilight Zone. I'm starting to FINALLY figure out the language (besides saying Ni Hao which means Hello) and culture. Classes have ended for the semester so I can relax and start blogging again! And if I haven't mentioned it yet, I'm really sorry!

Back to glorious natural hair talk! It's been five months since I B.C.'ed. I completely love my natural hair! After my third month I stopped using combs (I saw a challenge for it but can't remember who/where I saw it). Only finger-combing has helped my hair tremendously! I haven't noticed as much hair on my bathroom floor since I stopped using combs. My hair also started to grow in thicker after I stopped. Sometimes it is a hassle to not comb it though; especially when you're in a rush. But I've noticed that the more time I spend taking care of my hair, the less damage I have, so power to the fingers!

I also added Shea Butter into my regimen just gives me just the right amount of moisture. It makes my curls shiny and gives them a POP that they didn't have before. Some people don't care for the smell, but it doesn't bother me. It's kind of become my crack. I started using it on my body as well and it's truly amazing. My skin is less dry and cracked and has a glow. My favorite thing about Shea Butter is that you don't need a lot...a little goes a long way.

What do you think? Done any challenges lately? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment