Friday, July 23, 2010

Mr. Sulfate, you devil you!


I decided to go to my local hair store and get some products for my natural hair (cue the wind storms). I walked into the store and they had a wide variety of products, I was immediately excited! I started to read the ingredients, low and behold my friend Mr. Sulfate was there. Every bottle I picked up (and I mean every bottle) had sulfate in it! I decided to keep looking anyway, because A) I needed some shampoo and B) they had to have something without sulfate, right? After another 15 minutes passed, I asked the owners if they had anything without sulfate in it. Reply, " HAHAHAHAH no we don't have that, goooooooddddd luck".


Needless to say, I left there without anything but an attitude! I still don't see the humor in my question. Maybe today is opposite day, where questions become jokes? You'll let me know won't you? Anyway, I headed to my local supermarket and found shampoo (and conditioner, yay) without sulfates or parabens (thankfully). It was a bit expensive, (picture above) but it was worth it if I don't like it, I'll try something new.


Moral of this story, always always always READ THE LABELS (and stay away from moody hair store owners before you catch a case)! Anyone have any tips or similar stories? Please share, I could use a good laugh!

2 comments:

  1. I've got some sulphate free shampoo, it cost a bit more then I usually spend on shampoo but it makes my hair so soft as opposed to dry so I think its well worth it!

    I think the best bet to finding real organic shampoos is going online really... Because commercial products stating the words 'natural' or 'organic' aren't always that because no one regulates how natural or organic beauty products actually are...

    Like you said moral of the story always look at the ingredients... Oh and research if you don't understand them

    ReplyDelete
  2. True! I'm finding that I'm actually allergic to most of the commerical products anyway. I really have no choice but to use natural products.

    ReplyDelete